Re: Sinosauropteryx feathers?

At 11.03 03/12/2002 +0000, Michael Lovejoy wrote:
Last week I posted the message below. So far I've only had one reply....Come
on, some of you must have an opinion on whether or not Sinosauropteryx could
have had contour feathers. *Any* response will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Michael, I haven't the description of GMV2124, but if I remember correctly, some time ago in the DML, someone wrote that the feather on the tail of this specimen can be an artifact: seems that the terminal portion of the tail was attached to the rest of the skeleton.

Bye bye
Marco

MARCO AUDITORE "Volunteer of Museo Paleontologico Cittadino, Monfalcone" Via S.Giovanni Battista, 7/23 16154 GENOVA SESTRI P. - ITALY Tel: +39-010-6044259 E-mail: maaudito@tin.it Museum Web-Page: http://www.fante.speleo.it