Re: Sinosauropteryx feathers?

I lied... I have one more thing to say... NGMC 91, *Beipiaosaurus*,
*Scansoriopteryx*, *Microraptor*, and *Sinornithosaurus*, all have the "Stage
II" feathers, but lack the addition of "flight feathers" that *Caudipteryx*,
*Protarchaeopteryx*, and *Cryptovolans* were preserved with. NGMC 91,
*Microraptor*, and *Sinornithosaurus* are believed to have had not only
feathers with rachis, but full blown flight feathers even though they were not
preserved (Czerkas et al, 2002). Also, even though the brooding oviraptors lack
any evidence for any type of feather, contour feathers (or large wing feathers)
are theorized to have been present. (See Li, Dong, Azuma, Barsbold & Tomida,
2002, Oviraptorosaurs compared to birds in the latest Procceedings of the 5th
Symposium of the Society of Avian Paleontology and Evolution). Are these
authors completely wrong in their ideas since the specimens were preserved
without feathers with rachis??? If they arenât wrong, and with what I already
sa!
id!
 in my last post, what does this do with the probability of *Sinosauropteryx*
and other ceolurosaurs in general having feathers with rachis? It opens the
door wide open that's what.

Now I'm done. :-)

Kris