RE: Sinosauropteryx feathers?

>>each taxon should be evaluated seperately and that one
should not restore any animal with feathers untill the evidence becomes
available. <<

You're just spoiled because of Liaoning.

Despite the influx of wonderful fossils from China, preserved integument
of any kind is really, really rare.  You say 'wait for the evidence' as
if you had a guarantee that we would eventually find a troodont with
preserved integument.  Maybe we will, but we might have to wait 200
years before one crops up.

In the mean time, I'm afraid that those who reconstruct dinosaurs must
rely upon educated guess-work to do their jobs.  Of course, a good
fossil takes precedence over guesswork, but I wouldn't hold my breath
waiting for that particular fossil to show up.

Dan