[no subject]

Chris Bennett wrote:

Well, I am all for pot stirring, but I see that David left out the fenny
snake and blind-worm's sting. I'll add them now, plop, splash, and so let's
double, double, toil and trouble:

And david Unwin wrote:

Saddle up me high horse ostler, I'm a ridin' out:

Being as many other listmembers a gaijin (japanese for (dirty) foreigner), I understand little and become curious, thus I would dare to ask:
Can anyone address me, and eventually other people as ignorant as me to a website where to find a dictionary for these and other kind of sayings?
Thanks indeed!

Sopra la panca la capra campa, sotto la panca la capra crepa.
Try it out!

                                        Silvio Renesto

_
        "When they hear of the Way,
        The highest minds hurry up to practice it;
        The average minds think about it
        They sometimes feel it real and sometimes not;
        The lowest minds laugh at it.
        If they did not laugh at it,
        It would not be the Way."

                                (Lao Tzu)