Re: titanosaurs

In a message dated 12/5/02 9:37:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
TiJaWi@agron.iastate.edu writes:

<< 4) Heck, insects did it.  The available evidence (fossil, functional
 anatomical, experimental) indicate that insect flight arose without the
 assistance of gravity.

For one thing, most birds are a >lot< heavier than insects, which have
significantly different aerodynamic properties from birds. The origin of
flight in insects cannot be closely related to the origin of flight in birds
and is pretty much irrelevant to it. I don't know why you even bring this up,
except to add a straw man to your list of "flaws" in my reasoning.