The largest "Terror bird"

I wonder what is the general opinion on (still?) unnamed phorusrhacid
discovered in Antarctic in 1987. According to my source (*Der
Spiegel* magazine, 1988) it hails from the eocene sediments and it
lived 46 Ma ago. This "Terror bird", as it was nicknamed by Larry G.
Marshall, was 3.6 - 3.7 meters tall, which probably make it be the
largest Tertiary bird. The only preserved part of skeleton was its
giant beak, similar in shape to that of modern-day eagles and
falcons. Its weight probably exceeded 500 kilograms.
I'm posting this query because I haven't found anything about this
specimen in the archives. Thank you for any comment.

Reklama:
Obchodní dům.cz - široký sortiment domácích spotřebičů a elektroniky, výrazné
slevy. Navštivte http://www.obchodni-dum.cz/index.phtml?prov=59