Dinosaur Illustration

I want to draw dinosaurs. My approach is a bit freestyle as I'm not to clued up on the anatomy or physiology of prehistoric reptiles (I suppose It helps to have a bsc in biology or an applied science degree or something, but alas I do not).
I want to be able to do a technical-ish illustration containing pertinant visual information but still maintaining artistic merit, well defined by 'old masters' of the genre Mark Hess and John Sibbick.

Where do I start ? What do I need ? Is there a future in this field and who are potential clients?

Many thanks,
cmb