Inferring Behavior (was: Occam's Bulldozer ...)

Rich Travsky (rtravsky@uwyo.edu) wrote:

<That was my take as well, however, I do allow some slack in that when
fighting amongst themselves, giraffes do use their necks.>

  I beleive this behavior has been linked to intraspecific non-harming
combat between males (akin to strutting) and/or to social-sexual displays
between males, likening some to the rather not-uncommon same-sex courting
behaviors seen in animals today.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden