The extinction of small dinosaurs

I can understand the effect of climate change, volcano activities and asteriod hit etc causing the extinction of large sized dinosaurs but why it also caused extinction of smaller dinosaurs, typically like maniraptoran ??

From the discovery of feathers / proto-feathers we think coelurosaurs are
endothermic. On top of that they are agile with varied diet (by studying different shape of teeth) and lived in varied environment (arboreal and terrestrial). What makes them different to birds and mammals which survive thru' K-T ?? We may say bird can fly but this is not the case of mammals ...

Sounds speculative but really like to hear some opinion.