Re: The extinction of small dinosaurs

In a message dated 12/11/02 12:11:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TiJaWi@agron.iastate.edu writes:

<< > This is contra my experience.  I have a dog and a cat that sleep most
 > the live-long day...were small dinos more like them or gnawing furball
 > rats?

 Your beloved pets dont have to hunt their own prey, I would imagine.  Or at
 least I hope they don't - for the sake of the native fauna.   >>

As I understand it, even wild canids & felids spend a LOT of time sleeping,
but I think this supports the original point--fuel needed to maintain
endothermy is conserved by relative inactivity during naps.

Chip