Re: The Future is Wild

Original Message by Mickey Mortimer Friday, 13. December 2002 06:50
> Not exactly dinosaur-related, but no doubt interesting to many on this
> list. Animal Planet is showing a TV special on New Years day titled "The
> Future is Wild".

It's already running here, and the hype began long ago while the series was
being produced, I think. You won't like it that much. Looks like the authors
assume quite some directionality in evolution and aren't too keen on design
constraints. Terrestrial vertebrates die out, what happens? Squid evolve
internal skeletons and walk the earth. Really high mountains are thrust up,
what happens? A bird (see, I mentioned dinosaurs!) evolves a second pair of
wings and flies in the jetstream.