RE: New Discovery?

By the way... looking at this mystery animal of ours... It looks like a juvie
from that photo. All the joints are dark. This may mean less bone and more
connective tissues... more catilage... as in a growing animal. Hence the large
amount of dark staining from carbon. The epiphyseals on birds do not have a
line... as in separate regions of bone ossification. They just keep cartilage
end caps thicker for longer... and build on them. It's a distinct possibility
that we have that going on here. It does look kinda like *Jeholornis*... But
Jehol to me, just looks like a plant-eating dromaeosaur.

On another note... This is sad... but funny... There are actually too many of
these types of fossils now, and because of this, not all of them are getting
the treatment they deserve and require. Makes me a bit upset. Before, we always
new... If it was out there, it was going to get published in a journal we could
all get our hands on. Now, it's almost like luck. Maybe it will, maybe it will
not.

Kris