Re: New discovery?

Rutger Jansma (fam.jansma@worldonline.nl) wrote:

<I don't know about this new-ness of the animal, the fact that it lacked
teeth (Dinobeast: "Unless archaeopteryx , it is toothless and possess a
beak") and looks nothing like Enants or any bird-group that derives from
this formation, leaves me to wonder that it is Shenzhouraptor,

The tail appears to be short, approximately the same lenght as in
Shenzhouraptor and Jeholornis, maybe a tad shorter, but some of it's
caudals are missing. And from the eye it appears that these three show
similair ratio's between arm and leg lenght. More-over, remember the
characteristic bowed third metacarpal of Jeholornis, this seems to be
preserved on this animal as well and the short pubis of Shenzhouraptor
hought it had one at least...) seems also to be present, since none of it
is sticking out from the place were the sacrum should be.>

  Some of the proportions, as previously pointed out in reference to the
"dark" areas at thew ends of bones, seem to be juvenile related, but
nonetheless this is likely a third specimen to add to the
*Jeholornis*/*Shenzhouraptor* mess and if anyone gives this thing a new
name, they had better have some _good_ reasons. Not much can be determined
from the digitized photo, so I wouldn't be making too much of shapes right
now. Significantly, no feather impressions.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden