RE: Caudipteryx dongi

Daniel Bensen (dbensen@bowdoin.edu) wrote:

<http://dino.lm.com/images/display.php?id=539
For this is all yee know and all yee need know.>

  I would be a _tad_ careful in referencing my drawing as a reference to
identity. there are some unknowns, and I have taken the liberty to point
out a few things in the specimen which the authors neglect, but this was
done from the paper, and not from observation of the skeleton.
Nonetheless, the coracoid in C. dongi is incomplete, and I think the C.
zoui coracoid/sternum were switched by the original authors and retained
by subsequent authors, but I seriously have little to support these views,
and my reconstructions reflect these tenuous identifications. A webpage
will explain my motives in more detail, but this isn't even started at the
moment as more pressing events take my attention.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden