RE: Caudipteryx dongi

Daniel Bensen (dbensen@bowdoin.edu) wrote:

<Ah, all right.  Sorry about that.>

  Why? I may not revell in the exhuberance of others, but I do know this
is the first freely available expo of all three types of skeletons and may
be the only time many on this list have seen the skeleton of *C. dongi* at
all, much less *C.* sp.. The last epithet is used from the authors
themselves, though the reference specimen (BMP 0001) was referred to *C.
zoui*. A much more detailed skeleton is available for all species, if
anyone wants it, and I want it to be clear my skeletons are one of the few
exceptions I make to borrowing of my images from the web, though you
should still ask me, and I can get better versions than available through
Mike's most excellent Dinosauricon.

  So, I do understand the energetics. But, it is not the end-all, be-all.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden