Re: begging behaviour among theropods

I have a problem refering to birds in a specific sense as dinosaurs.
True, birds are THEROPOD dinosaurs, but that's not to say that all
dinosaur groups were just like theropods. If news readers began a story
with "Today, dozens of primates were slaughtered in...", are they
talking about monkeys, gorillas or humans?

When describing bird behaviour as dinosaurian, some may assume that all
dinosaurs behaved, and were physiologically, similarly to modern birds.
I doubt very much that such a diverse group of animals were that similar
to each other. Not even all theropods may have exhibited classic "birdy"
behaviour, let alone sauropods or ankylosaurs.

By all means refer to birds as theropods, but I think the term
"dinosaur" is too general to be used specifically to describe bird
behaviour or physiology.