Re: Hawkins's dinosaurs

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:06:28
 Dino Guy Ralph wrote:
>I would suggest you look into _Paleoimagery: Evolution of Dinosaurs in Art_, by
>Allen Debus, Diane Debus, and Donald Glut.  I haven't seen the book, but you
>can
>find reviews of it on the web.  Considering the authors, I think it would be a
>safe bet.

A fine book, especially for those artists and paleoart buffs out there.  (BTW,
Don Glut only wrote the foreword, and Allen and Diane Debus are the authors of
the book).

It is a treasure trove of information on Hawkins and his work.  There is one
chapter devoted entirely to Hawkins, and, of course, his name and various
projects of his invariably crop up in other chapters.

Other than the children's book, this might be the only book available that
discusses Hawkins's work in depth.  I recommend it.

Steve

---
Stephen Brusatte
Geophysical Sciences