Fwd: Re: Fw: Sauropod Necks As Weapons

When Crocs, "salties" prey on smaller animals such as water foul etc they use their tails in such a fashion as to scare the prey directly to their awaiting jaws. The tail is used in this tactic not as a weapon, but more as a decoy, as the tail does not come in contact with the prey. I have seen this tactic used only twice in the last 20yrs and only in a certain area of Nth Queensland. Whether this method is used by all "salties" or is restricted to just a localised group I don't know.

If anyone knows of more info on this subject please let me know

 Many thanks in advance.
                                                                    Regards LMD.