Re: Chicxulub pronunciation

Sorry, I can't resist
It had always recalled me some H. P. Lovecraft thingy gods like Chtuhlu or Yog-Sototh ... please, forgive me: HPL was one of my favourite readings in my youth ...
T Michael Keesey wrote
> Funny, I thought it was "CHAI-shoo-loob".
Sounds a lot like Shai-hoo-loob. But that's the way the Fremen call the big worm, in Dune :)
Jean-Michel

_ "When they hear of the Way, The highest minds hurry up to practice it; The average minds think about it They sometimes feel it real and sometimes not; The lowest minds laugh at it. If they did not laugh at it, It would not be the Way."

                                (Lao Tzu)

Silvio Renesto

Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra
Università degli Studi di Milano