Re: Xuanhanosaurus Pronounciation

Sean Carrol (sean@kua.net) wrote:

<Now, speaking of dinosaurs, can anyone tell me how to pronounce
'Xuanhanosaurus qilixiaensis'? I always say, roughly, 'zwan-HAN-uh-SAW-rus
kill-iks-ee-ay-EN-sis'. Perhaps it's really supposed to be something like
'KHOO-ahn-han-uh-SAW-rus chee-LEEKH-yah-EN-sis'? >

  shoo-ahn-HAHN-oh-SAWR-us chih-LISH-ee-ahn-EHN-sis is what I get from
Chinese pronounciation.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden