Re: pterosaurs, bats, flying theropods

John Bois wrote:
> The critical skills that are relevant to this
> discussion would be: aerial agility in either taking air-borne
> prey or grounded prey;

That's really a three-fold question that depends upon capture
technique.  I'm not sure that there is a single answer for it.

> escaping capture either from emergency take off

Pterosaurs, hands down.  No pun intended.

> or from in flight risk;

Birds, if low aspect ratio.  A wash, if high aspect ratio, but
wingloading comes into play too, for the big beasties.

> mobbing ability or general harassing behavior.

Who knows.  Pterosaurs would have to be a bit more careful during
in-flight impacts, due to the downside of a possible broken phalange.