Re: AMNH dinosaur floorplan

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 KellyMilnerH@aol.com wrote:
> This is an odd question, and let me say from the start, I've search for two
> days for a more traditional way to find the answer, to no avail. I HAVE done
> my homework. So here goes.
>
> Does anyone remember the order of the dinosaur mounts at the American Museum
> of Natural History in 1960? And was Tyrannosaurus rex last in line order? I
> know that's asking a lot. But if anyone has even a vague recollection, I'd be
> grateful for the help.

Well, you can get darn close to that info in Lowell Dingus' book "Great
Fossils at the American Museum of Natural History: Next Of Kin".

Chapters 4 and 5. In particular page 105. Caption: "In the 1950s
Tyrannosaurus was also displayed in the Hall of Ornithischian Dinosaurs"

In the picture, there's the rex, to its left is a triceratops, then a wall
with windows. Behind it are two more mounts, tho I can't tell for sure
what they are. The rex was also on display in 1921 (page 124) and 1927
(page 89).

As you'll be able to tell from the pictures, things moved around a lot.

Not sure I know what you mean by line order...