Re: pterosaurs, bats, flying theropods

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, as I haven't been keeping
up with this high volume thread, but the greater noctule bat (_Nyctalus
lasiopterus) of Europe regularly feeds on nocturnally migrating
passerine birds.  This was revealed by analyzing over 14,000 fecal
pellets.  No other bat has been documented to feed so frequently on
birds, and this bat apparently catches birds in flight, unlike other
bird snatching bats.

See
<http://webs.ono.com/usr028/barbastellum/archivos_para_bajar/murcielagos_predadores_de_aves.pdf>.

---------Ralph W. Miller III