Assorted Ratites

I'm back and I have bird, err...pardon my lack of Pickering-enese, extant theropod questions... :]

I'd be greatly obliged, if someone could post the phylogenetic definitions and original citation (author, year) for NEORNITHES, AVES (sensu Gauthier), PALEOGNATHAE, RATITAE, and NEOGNATHAE?

Now for the ratites, I've been doing some reading and yet remain without answers. Assuming that the ratites are a monophyletic clade, what would the synapomorphies of this clade be? Same question for Paleognathae?

Belated Glad Tidings of Christmas,

Nick Gardner

For the record, there is no direct connection between my new email address and my questions.

MSN 8 limited-time offer: Join now and get 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_newmsn8ishere_3mf