Re: Ceratopsid controversy

Adam Smith (sea_saur@yahoo.co.uk) wrote:

<What exactly was Erikson's problem?>

  Erickson: typo for Rolf Johnston, sorry....

<Johnson, R. E. and Ostrom, J. H. 1995. The forelimbs of _Torosaurus_ and
an analysis of the posture and gait of ceratopsian dinosaurs. In,
Thomason, J. J. (ed.) Functional Morphology in vertebrate palaeontology.
Camb. Univ. Press. 277pp

<If so, perhaps Johnson and ostrom should get that leg out of the broom
cupboard and make some modifications!>

  Johnston and Ostrom did not model the ribs and vertebrae, as Paul and
Christiansen offer, resulting in the wide sprawling splay they restored
for *Torosaurus*. That was "Erickson's" Problem.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden