From: ??
Subject: New Liaoning fossil

Sciencenews reports a new phantastical fossil from Liaoning, called
scraposaurus fragmentaris. The fossil is a subtriangular bone fragment
with side length of about 10cm.

From: ??
Subject: Re: New Liaoning fossil

I just got hold of a preliminary report of scraposaurus and added it
with 327 characters (of which 199 were ?)  to my theropod character
matrix. In the resulting cladogram it came closest to Albertosaurus
and changed the position of Tyrannosauria from Maniraptoriformes to
Prosauropoda.

From: ??

The change in the phylogenetic position of Tyrannosauria implied by
the new scraposaurus is easily adapted into the intuitive phylogeny
system. Just change node A1aIIIii to B2:
A Saurischia
  1 Theropoda
    a Tetanurae
      III Maniraptoriformes
        ii Tyrannosauria
B Prosauropoda

From: ??

I just heard ?? giving a radio talk on scraposaurus
fragmentaris. In it he says
"This is definitely a bird fossil, as it
looks similar to a bone fragment of a modern bird.  A detailed
analysis proves that it drives last nail into the theory that birds
descended from dinosaurs, as the sum of the inner angles of the
triangular bone is 179.5 degrees. This is nearly identical to that of
similar fragments of drepanolancosquamids, who are therefore
obviously bird ancestors."

"Small steps are hardest to take, especially if you have big feet."