Re: WWD Previews

Ralph Miller (dinoguy@sbcglobal.net) wrote:

<"Crikey!  Isn't she a beauty!"  Check out the video clips.  If these
clips were pulled straight from the new shows, then the "You are there"
quality of the "Walking With Dinosaurs" shows just got cranked up to a
whole new level. The clips show human hosts physically engaging the
dinosaurs as they offer commentary very much in the style of Steve Irwin,
"The Crocodile Hunter," but with English accents (not that we Yanks know
the difference).  Hey, how can I sign up to walk with the dinosaurs?  It
looks like fun.>

  The host is Nigel Marvin, thankfully, host of Nigel's Wild World on
Discovery, and by far a better ecologist than the oft-maligned (yet oddly
almost deserving) Irwin. I really liked the *Therizinosaurus* model, but
the *Mononykus* is down-right ugly. The arms of the former appear to have
been modelled after Greg Paul's skeleton's posture, which I contend would
not have been able to flex the wrist and elbow to such a degree.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden