Re: Dinosaur Genera List update #196

<In any case it frequently happens in whales, partially, where a slit
between the two sterna appears.>

  But whales have, as in all mammals, median elements that were originally
not paired, and a slit would be secondary to the nature as a single
element, not a reversal to an original condition of paired xiphisternal
bones. Do you have a citation for the above?

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden