Siberian Traps

I just ran across this.  Can any of you guys tell me more about it?

--------------------------------

Update on the possible Falkland craters.

    In his book "Rogue asteroids and doomsday comets" Duncan Steel
refers to investigations by Michael Rampino (then at the Goddard
Institute of Space Studies): "The appropriate antipodal point to Siberia
(Siberian Traps 250Ma) is the Falkland plateau off Tierra del Fuego...
on that plateau Rampino has identified two sub-oceanic circular basins
with diameters of about 300km and 200km respectively. Dating the rocks
indicates the same age as the Late Permian Extinction." He cites a
Rampino paper in the book "Hazards due to Comets and Asteroids" called
"Extraterrestrial impacts and mass
extinctions" - this may contain more information.

(2) POSSIBLE FALKLAND IMPACT STRUCTURE
"There is a large, circular gravity anomaly on the Falkland Plateau that
resembles anomalies associated with large impact craters.  It is quite
large; greater than 200 km in diameter."