Re: Siberian Traps

Kenneth Carpenter quotes "Frank":

<< Bottom line is, --Killers from Space-- are very sexy, and other mechanisms
such as climate change and evolutionary drift, working on geological time
frames and principles, are not.

Americans, at least, don't like slow, subtle processes. They like
glamorous, fast, easy kill mechanisms. What better than asteroids that
strike like the Swift Sword of Death from above? >>

Oh, Brother! Have we been reading too much "Psychology Today"lately? I
vividly remember a moribund American ethos of "racial senescence" and a
steadfast intransigence to any lateral motion of the continents whatsoever
except for the bobbing up and down of "land bridges". Gimme a break. Signed,
Duke Nukem