hovering pterosaurs

S. Pickering wrote:

Hovering is energy costly, constraining the size of
the animal involved. Thus, it seems doubtful to me
that hovering among pterosaurs and pre-K/T feathered
dinosaurs existed.

I can say nothing about hovering abilities. But I would like to ask the
following ?related question.

There is one anurognathid with an enormously wide sternal complex and
six elongated anterior dorsal ribs to brace it -- together with
remarkably slender wing bones.

There is another anurognathid with a very small sternal complex, only
one set of dorsal ribs to brace it and remarkably robust wing bones.

Wing spans are comparable.

What can we deduce from such differences?

David Peters
St. Louis