Re: Fwd: feathered pterosaur???

In a message dated Thu, 31 Jan 2002  1:04:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Tetanurae@aol.com writes:

<<Forwarded from Vertpaleo. A note though, after reading the article, it
appears as though the pterosaur feathers they refer to are really the hair-like
structures found in pterosaurs like Sordes from Qazaqstan. Reagrdless, it
sounds like an extraordinary specimen.>>

A number of times, the article refers to the structures as "ancient feathers".
Perhaps they were going for "protofeathers"?

--Nick P.