Re: feathered pterosaur???

-----Original Message-----
From: Tetanurae@aol.com <Tetanurae@aol.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2002 1:02 PM
Subject: Fwd: feathered pterosaur???

Forwarded from Vertpaleo.  A note though, after reading the article, it appears as though the pterosaur feathers they refer to are really the hair-like structures found in pterosaurs like Sordes from Qazaqstan.  Reagrdless, it sounds like an extraordinary specimen.

Pete Buchholz
"Chinese paleontologists put forward for the first time the hypothesis that pterosaur's feather and dinosaur's ancient feather are of the same origin according to their similarity, and further inferred that they have the same ancestor. "

Wow! (Is this too much to hope for!???) And they mention that evidence of feathers has turned up on several occasions previously. ....I know,...better wait for the paper! (...and be ready for probable dissappointment). Better to be a pessimist,...I suppose.