Re: New name for Syntarsus

> Megapnosaurus rhodesiensis (Raath 1961) NEW COMBINATION, Megapnosaurus
kayentakatae (Rowe 1989) NEW COMBINATION<
And I would like to say, if for nothing else, that this new name is really
ugly, and a lot harder to pronounce than _Syntarsus_. Considering my
thoughts on the validity of those two species being in a different genera
from _Coelophysis_ (despite what other listers may think), this would have
seemed to present a perfect opportunity for change...oh well, another day
then ;).
Another note: why would a beetle have a name meaning "fused ankle"? I wasn't
aware that beetles had traditional ankles...
Peace,
Rob

Student of Geology
P.O. Box 20840