RE: New name for Syntarsus

I wrote:

> The journal is "Insecta MuNdi"

Michael Ivie replied:

>Hey, its a peer reviewed journal, with reviewers who seem to know the
>ICZN better than you do.

No doubt.  The point of my comment was to correct the spelling mistake in
your post (Insecta Mudi --> Insecta Mundi)...

>Ivie, M. A., S. A. Slipinski, And P. Wegrzynowicz. 2001. Generic
>homonyms in the Colydiinae (Coleoptera: Zopheridae). Insecta Mudi
>15:63-64.

... in case anybody was searching for a journal entitled "Insecta Mudi" and
couldn't find it - the journal title is "Insecta Mundi".  I wasn't being
pedantic, and I wasn't casting aspersions on the journal (which, as a
professional biologist, I've had cause to pick up once or twice) - it's just
that searching for citations often requires the *exact* title of a journal.

Just trying to help.

Tim

Timothy J. Williams

USDA/ARS Researcher