Etymology of _Megapnosaurus_: Big Dead Lizard

Ah, well...

Had the word from Ivie.  The etymology is Greek megas (big), apnoos (dead),
and sauros
(lizard).

Well, I suppose it looks big to an entomologist... :-)

I did check out the BIOSIS taxonomic name database:
http://www.biosis.org/triton/indexfm.htm
And searched on Syntarsus.  Both the beetle and the coelophysid popped up.
Unfortunately, there wasn't some 1923 version of Megapnosaurus.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite