Re: EOTYRANNUS SACRALS

Darren Naish wrote-

> Only one sacral is definitely known at present for _Eotyrannus_, the
> most caudal one. It is a definite sacral and it has definite pleurocoels.

(someone read all the way through that list!  yay!)
>From what I've seen, sacral pleurocoels are present anteriorly if they exist
posteriorly (seemingly being extensions of the dorsal vertebral
pneumaticity).  So if Eotyrannus has the fifth sacral pneumatized, I would
expect the first through fourth to be similar in that regard.  BTW, some
supposed birds like Platanavis and Kuszholia also have posterior sacral
pleurocoels.

Mickey Mortimer