Re: Theory Sez Flight Evolution Linked To Parental Care

Jeff Hecht wrote, regarding his New Scientist article:
<< No, but it is evidence that you presented it at a legitimate scientific
conference, which counts for something. >>

Thanks, Jeff, you're a class act. And believe me, I wasn't minimizing the
importance of news coverage of such matters. It is an important part of the
process of public awareness-building. Just think, if brooding-to-flight is
verified, someday, somehow, your news article will stand out as hands-down
the earliest mention of it. In exhaustive literature searching, I have yet to
see the concept even mentioned before our '98 presentation and your note.
-Tom Hopp