Re: feathered pterosaur???

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Febo <larryf@capital.net>
To: Williams, Tim <TiJaWi@agron.iastate.edu>; dinosaur@usc.edu
<dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Saturday, February 02, 2002 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: feathered pterosaur???

Larry Febo actually wrote (without thinking,..no doubt):
>Quess I`m one of the "excited" ones, as I have already expressed that I
>think Birds and Pterosaurs might have a common ancestry.

Sure,...what didn`t have a common ancestor at some point??? What I should
have stated was my belief in a "possible" scenario in which birds developed
>from< pterosaurs. Of course a commonality of feather origins would
certainly fit this scenario, but would not certainly make it the only
possibility. It would though, certainly make it harder to not link
pterosaurs to birds and theropods in general.Makes a stronger case to keep
the "ornithodiran" grouping intact, at any rate.