Re: Syntarsus says farewell...

> > A trio of entomologists have recently published a nomenclatural note
> > renaming the Early Jurassic coelophysid Megapnosaurus. The etymology is
> > Greek megas (big), apnoos (dead), and sauros (lizard).

No!!!  Please tell me that that atrocity will not become the official name!
"Big dead lizard" would be the worst Dinosaur name imaginable.

Poor Syntarus... I always liked that name... Still the laws of nomenclature
must be upheld.

I had a little bump in my throat as i let Syntarsus go from my cladogram, and replaced it with Megapnosaurus...

-Øyvind M. Padron

|-Amateur Palæontologist
|-PaleoArtist

|-For another dinosaur website try: