Re: Megapnosaurus and the ethics of zoological nomenclature

This is a valid question.  When the requirement of a new name first came
to light for us in 1996, I sent a letter to Dr. Raath at the last address
I had for him, in Zimbabwe.  No answer was received. I did a websearch
from him at that time, and found no other address for him.  I then
contacted a well-known dinosaur worker, who told me that Dr. Raath had in
fact died.  We proceeded on the basis of that information, having waited a
considerable period after sending the letter before submitting the note.

Clearly, my source was mistaken about Dr. Raath's death, but I did go
through the process of writting to Dr. Raath and waiting several years
before proceeding. I am glad to hear that he is alive, after all.

Michael Ivie