Re: "Fossil Names Don't Live Forever"

In a message dated 2/3/02 9:47:25 AM Pacific Standard Time, MKIRKALDY@aol.com
writes:

<< http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16404-2002Feb3.html >>

Hey, this is a pretty good article, and I am inspired to ask the following
little question: Which dinosaur species has been given the greatest number of
different generic names? Off the top of my head, I can think of six for what
is currently called Anatotitan copei: Trachodon, Thespesius, Diclonius,
Anatosaurus, Edmontosaurus, and Anatotitan.

Everything counts: synonyms, renamings, and referrals.