re: "Megapnosaurus" says farewell...

No one has any business dealing with zoological nomenclature who does not
know about these. In the case of Syntarsus Fairmaire, it appeared on
schedule in both Zoological Record and the Neave catalog. It was neither
obscure nor difficult to check on.

... on the other hand, one could argue that no one has any business dealing with paleontological nomenclature who does not know about the SVP member directory. The status of Raath's vital signs was neither obscure nor difficult to check on.
In all honesty, it's my opinion that you've got a lot of nerve, I don't see any hesitation to insult Raath's scholarship but there's no apology or humility displayed with respect to your own far from trivial errors in this mess, just more attacks on another's work. You act like paleontologists are being unreasonable, yet somehow I doubt that the entomological community would collectively "get a sense of humor and perspective" and find it terribly clever to, say, rename that giant, beautiful metallic blue South American butterfly with the wonderful name _Morpho_ to _Littlesquishythingyonthebottomofmyshoeus_.
Gotta go with George- let's take _Coelophysis_ and sink this ugly-ass name.