R: Coelurosaurian Relationships

Steve Brusatte wrote:

> Hey,
> The list has been very active the past few days on the subject of
coelurosaurian relationships and the monophyly of the Enigmosauria.  I
haven't seen any discussion of Norell, Clark, and Makovicky's analysis that
was recently published in the Ostrom Symposium volume, though[...]

> Basically, the authors find a monophyletic Coelurosauria with the
tyrannosaurs as the closest outgroup.

****???
non coelurosaurian tyrannosaurs ?  Am I misinterpreting the meaning of
"closest outgroup"?

Filippo Calzolari