Name derivations

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 06:17:41PM -0500, NJPharris@aol.com sent:
> Well, you almost did.  The stem of _megas_ is _megal-_, and the Greek
> word for 'lifeless, dead' (literally 'breathless, unbreathing') is
> _apnoos_, not _apnos_.  Thus, "megalapnoosaurus" would be more
> correctly derived than _Megapnosaurus_.

A clasicist of my acquaintance highly recommends

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/lexica.html

Where reside the Perseus project test tools, featuring Greek -> English,
English -> Greek, English -> Latin, and Latin -> English, by word or
part of word.

In the hope that these might make name formation a bit easier.

--
graydon@dsl.ca   |  Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre,