Re: "Megapnosaurus" says farewell...

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Rob Gay wrote:

> Now now now...we all here onlist know that I, more than possibly anyone else
> onlist, think that these two genera should be synonymous...but sinking one
> name into another should be based on science, not aesthetics...

Too bad there is no real scientific method for determining what belongs to
a genus. Of course, it is a bad idea to sink a name based on whether you
like it or not (and Gregory Paul did sink _Syntarsus_ Raath 1969 into
_Coelophysis_ because he felt it was similar enough, not because he
disliked the name _Syntarsus_), but in the end, it's still a subjective
process.

T. MICHAEL KEESEY
  BloodySteak             <http://www.bloodysteak.com>
     AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>