Correction to RE: Syntarsus says farewell...

In a post this morning I wrote:

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
>
> Unfortunately, this is pretty much an "open-and-shut" case.
> Raath erred in
> giving the coelophysoid a pre-occupied name.  Ivie et al. were a bit
> unethical in the WAY they did the renaming (see Ben Creisler's excellent,
> informative, and sad post),

But have subsequently read Ivie's message in which it is very clearly
demonstrated that they made a good faith effort to contact Raath.  So there
was absolutely NOTHING unethical about it, and I apologize for saying
otherwise.

P.S. I still wish that the new name still had some clear link to Syntarsus
(Eusyntarsus, Syntarsosaurus, etc.) if only to keep the connection to the
original, if inappropriate, name.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742