Re: SCIENCE AND CLASSIFICATION (LA CUCARACHA) -- Warning. OFF-TOPIC HUMOR :) ??

    Tim Williams commented, "I have a feeling that the name
'Littlesquishythingyonthebottomofmyshoeus'  may be preoccupied by a genus of
Madagascan cockroach."

    Could be, but if you're talking about,
"BIGsquishythingyonthebottomofmyshoeus", you're hopefully talking about a
genus of Austin, Texas, cockroach.

    If anyone is interested, corner me at the SVP meeting in October and ask
for an account of how I TOTALED (the automobile insurance term) my newly
purchased Toyota Cressida station wagon by trying to kill one of those
monsters in Austin.  Yes it was a cockroach and not an large theropod, but
it might as well have been, considering what happened to the vehicle.  :-o

    And to get this back to dinosaurs: LONG LIVE SYNTARSUS!

    Ray Stanford