Chinese Fossil Vertebrates Published

Just to let the list know the answer to a question that I posed a few weeks ago:

Spencer Lucas' new book, _Chinese Fossil Vertebrates_, has been published.  My
copy arrived today and now I must find time to dive into it.  It's certainly
not as comprehensive or technical as the excellent _The Age of Dinosaurs in
Russia and Mongolia_, but, based on my few glances over it, Lucas has done a
nice job summarizing both the entire known vertebrate fossil record of China
and the history of vertebrate paleontology in the country.  Unfortunately,
however, I was made aware of the fact that China preserves no known
Carboniferous tetrapods (the earliest Chinese tetrapods are Permian).  I did
not know this sad fact :-(

Ordering information for this book can be found on Columbia University Press's
website, http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup

On a better note, however, I see that HP Jim Farlow's Indiana University Press
series will soon include a book by Jenny Clack on the emergence of tetrapods!
It looks to be a good year for paleo books.

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob