R: Agnosphytis Etymology

 Jaime Headden wrote, regarding Agnosphytis pronounciation:

>   I think the pronounciation goes "AHG-nohs-FYE-tihs" ... but I could be
wrong.

I think the -gn- sound- which is "impossible" in english(I mean ,impossible
to do the same way we do it, because it's not contemplated by your
pronounciation rules,IINM) - may be best approached by something like
the -nyo- portion in e.g. canyon, even if it's still different.
It may well be like this: Ah-nyos-fit-is ( does FYE sound like "fie"?  in
this case it would not be ok)

just a note, hope i've not confused anyone.

Filippo Calzolari